Rules Of Conduct
The following are not permitted on the library premises:
- the drinking of beverages other than bottled drinks
- using the ringer function on cell phones, or conducting cell phone conversations in areas other than the first floor lobbies
- playing audio equipment at a level where others can hear it
- carrying a firearm or any item brought into the library for the purpose of use as a weapon (except for law enforcement officers)
- bringing animals into the library except those needed to assist a disabled patron, or as part of a library program
- bringing rollerblades, bicycles, scooters or skateboards inside the building
- misusing the restrooms (i.e. as a laundry or bathing facility)
- talking loudly, making noise or engaging in any other behavior that is disruptive to other patrons
- interfering with another person’s use of the library, or with library personnel’s performance of their duties
- throwing objects
- being inappropriately attired (e.g. shoeless, shirtless)
Refusal to comply with the above regulations, when brought to a patron’s attention by an employee of the library, or continued violation of these provisions shall result in expulsion and/or loss of library privileges.
Persons who (a) damage or alter library property (including materials and equipment); (b) steal library materials; (c) physically harm staff or patrons or (d) threaten, harass, or verbally abuse staff or patrons are subject to prosecution and shall have library privileges revoked.